Pregnancy & Covid 19 Vaccine- should you take it?
In an article dated 15 December 2020 in The Journal.ie, Dr Lorraine Nolan, Chief Executive of the Health Products Regulatory Authority (HPRA) said,
“For the moment the vaccine just shouldn’t be used in pregnant women until we know more” .
That same article states:
“Health Officials have advised people to hold off on trying for a baby or undergoing fertility treatments for a period of time after.”
The CDC website (Center for Disease Control in USA) states: “Getting vaccinated is a personal choice for people who are pregnant”
You can read the full article by clicking on the CDC website here. The following is an excerpt:
“People who are pregnant and part of a group recommended to receive COVID-19 vaccine, such as healthcare personnel, may choose to be vaccinated. A conversation between pregnant patients and their clinicians may help them decide whether to get vaccinated with a vaccine that has been authorized for use under Emergency Use Authorization (EUA). While a conversation with a healthcare provider may be helpful, it is not required prior to vaccination.
Key considerations pregnant patients can discuss with their healthcare provider include:
- The likelihood of exposure to SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19
- Risks of COVID-19 to them and potential risks to their fetuses
- What is known about the vaccine: how well it works to develop protection in the body, known side effects of the vaccine, and lack of data during pregnancy
Pregnant patients who decide to get vaccinated should continue to follow the current guidelines to prevent the spread of COVID-19 after they are vaccinated. That means:
- Wearing a mask
- Staying at least six feet away from others
- Avoiding crowds
- Washing hands with soap and water for 20 seconds or using hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol
- Following CDC travel guidance
- Following quarantine guidance after exposure to COVID-19
- Following any applicable workplace guidance”
Fertility Feng Shui to Get Pregnant
Black Cohosh Herb for fertility: When should you take it?
Day 3 Bloods Test: what are they & what do they test?
Can wearing nail polish harm your fertility?
New Study indicates drinking red wine may help fertility
MACA and fertility. Is Maca good for fertility?
Get the words to the famous fertility prayers of St. Gerard and St. Rita
How much does IVF cost in Ireland? Price Comparison List of the the cost of IVF in Irish Clinics
The deficiency of Vitamin D and Fertility connection
The Menstrual Cycle Explained
Mid Cycle Spotting: Causes and what you can do about it
Hi, I’m Linda Ryan, Fertility Acupuncturist & mother of three: Having overcome my own fertility issues is what drives me to help women like you to achieve the results that I made happen for myself.