Trying to get pregnant? Get yourself some Maca! This natural herb is growing in popularity among those trying to get pregnant because it has shown to increase fertility without causing any harmful side effects.
What is MACA?
It is a cruciferous vegetable native to Peru and long believed to boost stamina and increase energy levels, the Maca root has been used by healers for centuries. Maca root is commonly found in the form of a powder or pill supplement, it is packed with nutrients the body needs to be fertile (a whopping 31 minerals & 60 phytonutrients!)
What Does MACA Do?
Bursting full of antioxidants that replenish cells to energize and revitalize them. This miracle herb naturally balances estrogen levels, thus helping improve fertility. Maca is also commonly used to treat mood swings, memory loss and a low sex drive.
What Are the Benefits of Maca?
Maca has been shown to raise a woman’s chances of conceiving by supporting the thyroid and balancing hormones. It’s also commonly used to reduce blood sugar, guard cells from disease, protect against neurological damage and so much more.
When Do I Take MACA?
Since Maca is an energizing herb, you’ll want to fuel up on it early in the day so you can get plenty of sleep. It can be taken throughout your menstrual cycle, including during menstruation. After all, sleep is another essential component if you’re wanting to boost fertility.
Always consult your doctor before taking any supplements, herbs or vitamins, especially if you are doing IVF.
Dosage: How Much MACA Do I Take?
If you’re trying to conceive or preparing your body for IVF implantation, it’s recommended you take about 500-3000 mg daily.
What Are The Side Effects?
There are little to no side effects associated with it, so it’s usually safe for those trying to get pregnant. However, some women have experienced a bit of spotting and/or a slight change in their menstrual cycle after adding it to their daily regimen. This is totally normal! These are just signs that the body is adjusting to a newly established hormonal balance provided by this healthy herb.
Where You Can Get MACA
You can easily do a Google search and find a local retailer. The brands we recommend are:
- Love Life Supplements MACA: Pure Highest Strength Maca Root, 5000mg Whole Root Equivalent, 60 Capsules, No Fillers Just Pure Maca.
- Zestlife Maca Root : Maca root 4:1 (1000mg equivalent) 60 capsules High Strength.
- NaturaLife labs MACA. They state that “Our superior organic maca root gets you the biggest bang for your buck, getting you more organic maca per capsule than any other supplement out there. Our 950 mg per capsule formula provides the most potent supplement on the market with superior absorption.”
Everybody’s talking about MACA for fertility because it’s effective, affordable and gentle on the body. What better reason do you need to get your hands on some of this potent herb? Another potent fertility herb you may want to try is Vitex. Royal Jelly is also known for great fertility benefits.
FREE: 3 Day Fertility Cleanse Diet & Lifestyle Upgrades
Yours FREE to help kick start you moving in the right direction
- The 3 Day Fertility Cleanse Diet
- The Lifestyle Guide: Learn about hormone disrupting chemicals & ways to eliminate them
- The How to Master a Holistic Health Routine for your Body, Mind & Spirit Lifestyle Guide
- The Microbiome Infertility Connection & 10 Steps to Repair Your Microbiome Upgrade Guide